Faculty and staff have special borrowing privileges at Capilano University Library. Please remember that our small collection is used by students, faculty, and staff - return materials as soon as you are finished using them.
- All books are checked out for six weeks; 60 item maximum.
- Periodicals may be borrowed for two weeks. If you need a longer borrowing period, ask at the Library Services desk.
- CapU Library does not charge overdue fines except for reserve items and items requested by another student. However, please be mindful of others who may want to use materials you have checked out and return them in a timely manner.
- Full replacement costs apply for lost or heavily damaged items.
- When the Library is closed, borrowed items can be returned to the after-hours book return inside the entrance near the Centre for Student Success, on Greg Lee Way.
Faculty Library Accounts
All faculty and staff are automatically downloaded into our Library system and assigned a Library account.
You library account gives you access to borrowing privileges for items in the Library collection. You can log in to My Library to check on due dates, renew items or place holds.
For off-campus access to online resources, you will need to log in with your CapU network credentials - the same way you log into a workstation on campus.
Your CapCard Photo ID is your Library card. It is the responsibility of borrowers to immediately notify the CapCard Centre of a lost card or change of address. Borrowing privileges are available at other BC post-secondary libraries - pick up your reciprocal borrowing card at the Library Services desk.
Retired Faculty and Staff
Retired faculty and staff may continue to borrow books and media from CapU Library as a Community Borrower, free of charge. Due to licensing restrictions, off-campus use of electronic resources is not permitted. Visit the Library Services desk to set up your account.