CapU Library is now providing remote services only. Until further notice, the Library building will be closed and we are unable to fill some of our usual functions. However, wherever possible we have moved to online delivery and will be working to support CapU students, faculty and staff as we move forward.
Aligned with the expectations of British Columbia’s health authorities and the Province of British Columbia’s response to COVID-19, Capilano University’s teaching and learning model has been adjusted, effective March 18, 2020 to a primarily remote (online) delivery model.
In the Library, this means:
- full access to all eResources, including eBooks; online articles, journals, databases and Discovery; streaming video and audio
- Research Help Desk ONLINE - using chat, we'll be there to help you in summer term, starting May 19. The provincial AskAway service will continue to operate during interterm.
- copyright assistance via email and conferencing platforms
- liaison support to students and faculty via email and conferencing platforms. Contact your liaison librarian with questions or requests.
- borrowing articles from other institutions though interlibrary loan - note that our ability to get things as quickly as usual may be hampered by the closure of other libraries. We'll be trying our best to get you what you need.
- borrowing physical materials for faculty only - instructors can email firstname.lastname@example.org with their requested titles, preferably including a Discovery permalink to the item, and received them through interoffice mail.
Unfortunately, we have had to suspend the following services until further notice:
- circulation of physical materials to students - if you have items checked out, keep them until we are back on campus or drop them off at the after-hours drop, located at the west entrance, near Student Success, off Greg Lee Way.
- reserves - where possible, we have provided eBook versions of reserve material to instructors for distribution. Physical items (books, DVDs) are unavailable.
- interlibrary loans of books - we will continue to try to fill requests for articles (see above)