Using a film to teach a class? Contact the library media technician and book ahead to ensure availability. Blu-rays, DVDs, and VHS tapes may also be ordered for classroom use from external sources, such as other post-secondary libraries and non-profit organizations.
If there is a film you would like the library to purchase, please email the library media technician with the following information:
- Format (Blu-ray, DVD, streaming, etc.)
- Date you need it for
- Class you need it for
In such circumstances, we will do our best to acquire it for you, though that may not always be possible.
Did you know that CapU Library has subscriptions to streaming media services?
Create your own account within these databases and set up clips to show in class or embed in Moodle. For support contact your Liaison Librarian.
- Films on Demand, Curio, and NFB.ca all have extensive video and interactive media catalogues.
- Ethnographic Video Online has over 1,000 films with a focus on human culture and behavior.
- Naxos Music Library and Naxos Jazz Library have thousands of streaming audio compositions available for online listening.
- Criterion on-Demand has close to 3000 Feature Films from many of Hollywood’s Major Motion Picture Studios. Browse full list of titles or view by genre. (Microsoft Silverlight is required to use Criterion on-Demand.)
Please contact IT Help Centre for your classroom equipment needs.
Two ways to embed a film from Films on Demand into Moodle
Option 1 - Embed video inside Moodle:
Click on "Share". Click Highlight, right-click and choose Copy. Paste the code into the HTML view of a Moodle page.
Option 2 – Provides a link to access video in Films on Demand:
Click "Highlight" then right-click and choose Copy. Paste the “Record URL” into an email or Moodle. Do not copy the browser URL!