Are you interested in borrowing from CapU Library, but are not a student, faculty or staff member? We issue library cards at no cost to:
- Community members
- Continuing Studies and Executive Education students
- Students from other BC universities and colleges
To receive a library card, valid photo ID with current address is required. Cards are valid for 1 year and eligible for renewal. Apply in person at the Library Services Desk to get started.
To check your library account or renew items, go to My Library Account and login using your Last Name and library card Barcode.
There are two return locations:
- in the Returns drop inside the main entrance, next to the Library Services desk during Library Hours.
- inside the entrance near the Centre for Student Success, on Greg Lee Way (see returns location map) during Library building hours
Books 3 weeks
DVDs/Blu-ray 1 week
CDs 1 week
- Up to 5 items (books, CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray discs) can be borrowed at one time.
- Due to licensing restrictions, some DVDs are available for loan only to current CapU students, faculty, and staff. These are noted with a special sticker on the case.
- Interlibrary Loan privileges are not available.
- Reserve materials are not available except in the case of Continuing Education classes with materials set aside specifically for students enrolled in the course.
- Due to licensing restrictions, access to electronic resources is not available from off-campus.
- For fine information see Borrowing Guidelines.