Please note: we cannot accept bookings with less than two weeks notice.
While students may seem technologically savvy, research has shown that perception and reality on this topic can be very different. Library Research instruction is designed to align your students with the resources and research skills they will need to succeed in your class, in the academic world and in the modern workplace.
Students generally receive basic research and resource instruction as part of their English 100 curriculum. However, many students do not take ENGL 100 at Cap and many subject areas have specialized resources which are not covered in this session. Booking a Library Research class for your students will give them a better understanding of modern research methods and acceptable resources. With sufficient notice, classes can be tailored to specific assignments or class requirements.
Topics can include:
- preparing to search, keyword generation, and subject vs keyword searching
- reliable reference resources
- databases and other resources specific to your subject area
- navigating the databases, maximizing and refining search results
- academic vs non-academic resources
- searching for media
- citation basics, citation managers
Formats can include:
- synchronous classes online or in-person
- video tutorials
- Research Guides
- creation of short assignments or quizzes
Book Your Class
Email a request to email@example.com to arrange instruction for your students. Include:
- Course designation
- kinds of skills you're hoping a librarian develop for your students
- information about class assignments requiring research - provide a syllabus and/or assignment instructions
Please plan ahead to ensure that the time and date that best suits your schedule is available, if applicable.